A government brings happiness to masses by Good governance(GG). As babu, I wish to make people happy by GG. Its free without favor. Feel happy in enhancing the social, political,and economic status of anyone in anyway. We all leaders. A leader is one who moves public opinion in the direction he or she wants it to move in. If u can't be a pencil to write anyone's happines, then try atleast to be a nice rubber to erase someone's sorrows.
Thursday, June 1, 2017
As Managing Director Updesco
December 1, 2016 to May 22, 2017
Some Innovative Steps Taken For Good Governance
(1) Made efforts for framing policies for empanelment of companies/firms as Education & Training Franchisees, Aadhar registration work, Rural Development & Survey work and Software Service Providers/ Consultants/ Manpower Suppliers so that empanelment process can be held on regular monthly basis and Corporation can have large & varied pool of technologically competent professionals for rendering required services to the departments/ organizations.
(2) Given special emphasis on formulation of Outsourcing Manpower Policy so that government norms can be followed in right perspective and the Service Provider/ Manpower Supplier companies/ firms perform their services in a transparent manner.
(3) Efforts are made to create a new working domain in Solar Energy/Power area considering the demands of various State Govt. departments/ organizations. This has not only enhanced the business opportunity for the Corporation but also facilitated for working towards achievement of "Go Green" culture. As a result, the Corporation got an order of around Rs. 14.00 Crores from 20 State ITIs under Vocational Education department for installation & maintenance of 40 KVA Solar Power Systems in their premises.
(4) Started new style for review of new & ongoing projects wherein letters are sent to client departments along with standard agenda points for fixing of review meetings. This has resulted in expeditious follow ups of the projects in terms of quality assurance and timely completion.
(5) Also started collective decision making. All top officials/nodals participated in weekly meeting with a prefix agenda. After thorough and detailed discussions, decisions were taken. This cabinet like approach/style of working brought the best possible decisions.
(6) The turnover in FY (2015-16) and (2016-17) were Rs. 9583.24 lacs and Rs. 15294.45 lacs respectively. Thus, turnover was increased by 60% over previous financial year. Similarly profit increased from Rs. 623.80 lacs to Rs. 1186.21 lacs (a 90% increase).
What were the factors that hindered performance?
(1) Availability of necessary and skilled technical manpower in required numbers as per the sanctioned structure of the organization may have enhanced the quantity and quality of services in a given time frame but managed the same in efficient manner with limited number of available resources in the organization with the help of technology and management improvement initiative.
Areas in which feel the need to upgrade skills through training programs:
(1) Financial Management & Fiscal Planning.
(2) Project Planning and Management using IT/ICT tools.
(3) e-Governance and m-governance with special focus on governance using cloud technology and IOT.